Christmas returns policy
For Christmas presents that were purchased in December we happily offer exchanges up to 14 days, past Christmas Day.
FOR INSTORE PURCHASES
- We will offer a refund or exchange on an item for change of mind if:
- The item(s) has not been worn, altered and/or washed and is in a resalable condition
- The item(s) has not been damaged whilst in the customer's possession
- The customer has proof of the item(s) purchased
- The original tag is attached and the item(s) is in its original packaging
- If the original purchase was made on a credit or EFTPOS card, the refund itself must be credited to the original card used
Unfortunately, gift cards, surf and skate hardware, facemasks, swim bottoms and swim one piece purchases are not eligible for returns.
Purchases must be returned within 7 days of purchase for a refund or within 14 days for an exchange.
Looking for more information?
Our returns policy includes the rights you have under the Australian Consumer Law and provides you with additional benefits in addition to those rights.
We understand if you change your mind and therefore will refund any items that you are not completely happy with in accordance with the requirements detailed in our terms and conditions. Goods must be returned in saleable condition within 7 days from the purchase date.
The below items are exclusions from Returns (However, these items can be returned if deemed faulty):
- Swim bottoms, Swim One Pieces and Facemasks
- Surfboards, Skateboards and Surf and Skate Accessories and Travel Bags
- Discounted products / products purchased on sale
We accept returns and exchanges in Saltwater Wine, Stormriders and Red Herring Surf stores across New South Wales and Tasmania.
How will I be refunded?
Refunds will be credited to your original method of payment.
What if my item is faulty?
Due to the nature of surfing and skating, these are deemed “extreme sports” and therefore, surf and skate equipment (boards and accessories) are not under warranty for breakage or wear and tear caused by general use.
We pride ourselves in supplying the latest products from across the Surf and Board Sports Industry. All products are supplied from Australian Surf & Board Sports Industry distributors who carry Australian warranties as required by Australian law.
If a product is found to be defective under normal use and care during the warranty period, the product is likely to be repaired or replaced at the sole discretion of the supplier of the product (i.e. Billabong), not the store that the item was purchased from. Manufacturing faults include:
- Stitching – loose, fraying or pulling
- Adhesive fault – excess glue
- Eyelets or buttons falling off
- Trim or component fault
- Faulty zippers